Mom's Sisig for breakfast

It's one of those awesome Sunday mornings when I get to wake up to my mom's cooking. She made Sisig, a popular Filipino appetizer. Originally, Sisig is made with chopped pig's face, ears, snout and chicken liver served on a sizzling plate. We don't have any of those except for the chicken liver, so my mom used pork belly instead. She cooked it in boiling water with spices, then quickly burned the outside on top on the stove, just to give it a toasty flavor. She chopped it into small pieces and mixed with cooked chicken liver, then she added lemon juice, langkawas, chili flakes and sliced onions.

It may not be the traditional Sisig, but it's pretty darn delicious. I ate with steamed white rice because ummm... I'm Filipino, and we always eat everything with rice lol.







2 comments

sugarBear said…
Mmmm! yummy. I'm filipino myself so I know that is hella GOOD! especially with rice :-) great pics of it too!
Becky said…
@SugarBead: Yes, yes..it's so good. Thanks for commenting!