Sweet and Sour Shrimp and Lettuce Wraps



Chicken and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps and Sweet n' Sour Shrimp is what I made for dinner on Memorial Day. I used my mom's recipe for the lettuce wraps and the same sweet n' sour sauce recipe I made last time. Both were absolutely delicious! If you want to try this recipe, make sure you make a lot because your family will love it!



How to make chicken and mushrooms lettuce wraps.

Ingredients: Keep in mind that I don't have exact measurements. I always eyeball the ingredients to my own liking and the cooking time depends on how much meat I have.
  • ground chicken
  • mushrooms chopped in tiny pieces
  • chopped garlic, onions and ginger paste
  • chopped cilantro
  • salt and pepper 
  • chopped cashews
  • 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce
  • 1 head of lettuce that has been cut in half, washed and air dried.
Directions:
  • Heat olive oil in a saute' pan o medium heat.
  • Add garlic, onion, and ginger paste and cook until fragrant.
  • Add ground chicken and cook until color changes about 5-7 minutes. Mix often so the meat won't stick to each other.
  • Add mushrooms and allow to cook. You can tell the mushrooms are cooked when they shrink into very tiny pieces.
  • Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes or so.
  • Turn off the heat and add hoisin sauce and cilantro.
  • Serve on lettuce and add crushed cashews.
  • Enjoy!






On how to make sweet n' sour sauce, refer to the recipe HERE and just add cooked shrimp!


Hope this post made you hungry!





0 comments