Late Mother's Day at Melting Pot

Kiko and I took his mom for a late mother's day dinner at The Melting Pot fondue restaurant. We love this restaurant. It's the only restaurant I know that requires me to poke my food and dip it in cheese and chocolate and I like that ^_^.

We had the Big Night Out for 3 people. I thought they would give us more food since it's the 3 of us, but they gave us the same amount for 2 people. Hmmm...

We started with Spinach and Artichoke cheese fondue with bread, apples and vegetables for dippers.


Our server didn't mix the cheese with the broth very well so the consistency wasn't creamy at all. It was still delicious though.



For the salad,  I had a lettuce wedge with ranch dressing, bacon bits, blue cheese and sliced tomatoes. They really know how to make good salads. The dressing with the bacon bits and blue cheese was just delicious.


For entree, we chose a Mojo cooking style. A vegetable broth with Caribbean seasoning with a splash of citrus. We always choose this because it sounds the most flavorful out of all the cooking styles.


We had the Lobster Indulgence. A plate of 2 lobster tail, shrimp, pot stickers and 2 more meats that I forgot what they were. For $95 for 2 people, this plate was just not worth it. But oh well...


We got an extra plate of meat, the Pacific Rim. Teriyaki marinated sirloin, shrimp, marinated pork tenderloin, duck breast, chicken breast and pot stickers. The lobster indulgence didn't look like it was going to be enough for 3 people.


Cooking is the fun part! Some people might disagree with me, but I like how we were able to cook the meat to out own liking and chat and interact with family as we wait for the meats to cook.


The sauces are my favorite. They are supposed to compliment certain meats and seafood, but I though they all tasted good with everything I especially love the Garden Goddess it has cream cheese, sour cream with herbs. Yummy!


For dessert, we had Cookies and Cream Marshmallow Dream. Melted dark chocolate with marshmallows and crushes cookies and cream.


For dippers, we had cake cubes, marshmallows, bananas, cheese cake, rice krispy and strawberries.



Overall, we had a great experience. Kiko's mom really liked it. As long as she had a smile on her face, that's als that matters :)




1 comment

Eugenia said…
OMG loooks soo good! I love Melting Pot! Its so fun and ggood!!