Hop Woo BBQ Seafood Restaurant /China Town L.A.

My best friend Mon and I send each other random text messages all the time. One of the things we always text about is what food we want to eat. Kinda weird eh, but whatever. Last week, I've been texting her how I've been wanting some really good shrimp fried rice but don't know where to get it. She replied "then go to China town". She's right! Why not go to China Town where they can't mess up a fried rice? And that's exactly where we went on Thursday.

We really didn't know where we were gonna eat. I know some places where my family always eat but those are kind of expensive Chinese restaurant. We were on a budget so lunch specials was calling. She recalled a restaurant she tried called  Hop Woo Bbq and Seafood Restaurant. Mon said, she ate there before with her boyfriend and, she liked it a lot. Mon is a very picky eater. And knowing that she liked it a lot makes me think that it must be reeeallly good ^_^. 


Once you enter the restaurant you will see a window of Roasted Duck hanging and a food to go station.

For some weird reason I like the non matching and kind of confusing decor inside. In the center, It looked like a small banquet hall with outdated chairs and tables with while table cloth. On the side are lime green and burgundy faux leather seats with clear beads hanging. It's kind of tacky but I like it lol.


We just made it right on time before their lunch special was over. Its from 10:00am-4:00pm and we got there around 3:55pm!!! look at the time on our ticket lol. I love Lunch Specials because you always get more for your money.

FOOD
We ordered from their Lunch Specials menu and we pretty much know what we wanted. Sorry for the poor quality of some of the photos. The battery in my camera died right before I was about to take pictures of the main food boo!! I had to use Mon's camera phone.

 Complimentary Chinese croutons and Salted Peanuts.

Hot Green Tea

and complimentary Egg Drop Sour Soup with Mushrooms and Tofu. Mon didn't like this one. 

Then we got Shrimp Fried Rice! $4.95 The plate was big and was way more than enough for 2 people. Mon and I were so excited when we saw a lot of Shrimps in the plate. They were generous.

Orange Peel Flavor Spicy Chicken $5.99. Love this!!! It was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I love how it wasn't too sweet like other Orange Chicken. It was just a hint of orange and spiciness flavor from the sauce.

Beef with Black Bean Sauce $5.55 I ordered this one and Mon was a little unsure at first but once she tried it, she liked it ^_^ . If she only knew what the Black Bean was made out of lol.

Black Bean sauce is a Chinese sauce made from fermented soy beans, wheat flour and spices.

The service was good. But then there weren't a lot of people eating so getting the server's attention wasn't too difficult and we our food in no time. Overall, it was a good place to eat. The food was good (I can only speak for the food shown in this post) and I would go back to this place again and would definitely recommend it to a friend. I suggest to go during their lunch specials to save money. Go to this link  http://www.hopwoo.com/Coupons.html for coupons and other food specials.


Hop Woo
Bbq Seafood Restaurant
845 N. Broadway
Los Angeles, Ca. 90012
(213)626-7218

visit their website

1 comment

April said…
Wow, this place is super affordable!!! Thank you for sharing Becky!