A "Romantic" Homemade Dinner with El Hubby Cakes

My definition of a romantic dinner is staying at home and cook a for El Hubby Cakes. Last week, I made homemade Chicken Piccata and Crossaint Bread Pudding. It was my first time making both dishes. I was so proud because they came out delicious. El Hubby liked it and asked for thirds.

Photobucket

The recipe was inspired by Giada De Laurentis, the "Italian hottie" on Food Network as I call her. It's probably one of the easiest dish I've ever made. The chicken was moist and tender and perfectly cooked and the broth was light and a bit tart. As always, I eyeball the ingredients and never measure.

The ingredients are 
chicken breast (cut in thinly slices)
 flour
chopped onions
garlic
capers (available at specialty food stores or the international section at the grocery store)
lemon juice
lemon rinds (grate off the rind of 1 lemon- juet the yellow part)
chicken stock 
Parmesan cheese shavings (optional)

Directions:
-Heat a saute pan. Add olive oil.
-Season thinly sliced chicken breast with salt and pepper
-Dredge in flour. Shake off excess.
-Cook chicken in the pan 4 minutes on both sides (you're not cooking it all the way).
-Take off the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped onions and garlic. Cook until onions are a little translucent.
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice, lemon rinds and capers. Mix.
-Add the chicken into the mixture to cook thoroughly about 3 minutes on both sides (chicken will cook quickly because they are thin). You're done!!!
-You can serve it with pasta, rice or mashed potatoes and add Parmesan shavings for more flavor.



For dessert, I made Croissant Bread Pudding. The recipe is inspired by Ina Garten. Super easy and super yummy!!

Photobucket



Photobucket

2 comments

Unknown said…
Wow, amazing recipe! I'm converting my lousy diet to a healthy one, and I'm building a digital recipe book for it. Usually I try recipes out before adding, but this one is already on the list! Thanks for sharing!
Mahmudul Hasan said…

Great job .Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe.Keep up writing and giving us many more like this one.
Romantic dinner recipes