El Hubby Cake's 28th Bday

El Hubby Cake's turned 28 this month Assuuuss...

Asus is a made up word. It means Awww....

I asked what he wanted to do for his birthday. He replied, "Nothing! Absolutely nothing". So that's exactly what we did. But I insisted to take him out for lunch. My treat!

Photobucket
I picked Rock N' Fish based on Yelp reviews. It's a seafood bar/restaurant  located on Manhattan Beach. It's located on the strip and is only a block away from the pier so it's hard to miss. The photos on Yelp looked really good so  was quite excited to try it.

Photobucket
Complimentary Sourdough with butter. I just love free bread at restaurants. 

Photobucket
Crab Cakes for appetizer. This is how crab cakes should be, all meat with little breading. So fresh and light.

Photobucket
Kiko's mom had the Seafood Jambalay in Linguini. She loved it and so did I. The sauce was very flavorful and the seafood was very fresh. I will get this next time!

Photobucket
Kiko had the Crusted Mahi-Mahi with spicy mac n cheese and sweet potato fries. Don't be fooled by the photo. The fish looked bigger in person. It was so flaky and meaty and fresh!

Photobucket
My choice was grilled Ahi Tuna with spicy mac n cheese n sweet potato fries. OMG! Again, it's fresh! Definitely something I'll get again. I just wished the mac n cheese was more spicier.

Photobucket
Complimentary Bread Pudding for Kiko. It's a huge portion of bread pudding soaked in a sweet rum sauce. Yum!


Yelp didn't fail me. Rock N' Fish is awesome. We will definitely come back again.




120 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Manhattan BeachCA 90266
Neighborhood: Manhattan Beach


0 comments