Mexican Rice with Longganisa (Filipino Sausage)

My version of Mexican-Filipino Food Fusion...I cooked Mexican Rice, a popular Mexican side. It's cooked in chicken broth, tomato sauce, spices and green peas. It's great by itself, but I added Longganisa, a Filipino sausage to make it a complete meal.

You can only get Longganisa at Asian/Filipino food markets. It's a sweet and spicy sausage usually eaten for breakfast in the Philippines with a side of garlic fried rice and eggs. All I did was remove the casing and cooked it in a skillet until it's fully cooked. Then, I drained the excess oil in paper towel before adding it on the rice.




It was delicious and Kiko and I enjoyed it a lot. It's definitely one of my delicious and successful creations!

1 comment

Amy said…
looks delicious!!!!!