Adobada Ribs, Mexican Mac and Cheese, Lumpia and etc...

A few friends and I had a potluck dinner last Saturday. I've said it so many times in this blog how much I love potlucks. To me, it's an easy way to get my friends together. They almost never turn down an invitation to eat.

Here's what we had...

My friend Lupe, made most of the food. She made these succulent, perfectly cooked, fall off the bone Adobada Pork Ribs. Adobada is a Mexican marinade with red sauce and spices. It was my first time having it, and it was delicious.


She also made Cheese Enchiladas in red sauce. So simple yet delicious!

My best friend Mon made her special Mexican Mac and Cheese requested by me. She used to make it a lot back in college. The base of the sauce is tomato sauce, sour cream, butter and lots of garlic, queso fresco and shredded cheddar cheese.

Lupe's Mexican Rice...it was perfectly cooked!

My Chicken and Shrimp Lumpia or Filipino egg rolls. They loved it!

I brought my favorite Filipino bottled sauces for dipping...Mother's Best Sweet Chili sauce and Mang Tomas All Purpose Sauce.

Queso Fresco

Homemade Salsa and Guacamole


Pita Chips and Hummus

Lupe made Chocoflan for dessert. I was looking forward to it all week long. I had it the first time at her birthday party last year, and I was hooked!









Don't you wish you were my friend?


0 comments