A little family reunion at Mayflower Restaurant China Town L.A.

My family and I had a small family reunion with some of our relatives from San Francisco. They came down for my cousin's wedding and we were able to spend time with them for a big lunch at Mayflower restaurant in China Town L.A. I blogged about this place before and it's a Chinese restaurant with nothing but Filipino customers. Should I be bothered that there is no single Chinese person eating? Probably but I don't care. The food is delicious, really affordable and surely cures our cravings for Chinese food.

Here are all the things we ordered. Some plates are double order, which is bigger than a regular order. We usually do this instead of getting 2 of the same dish. Also, I have no idea what some of the dishes are called so  I'm not going to name them.

Enjoy!


These were salty..in a good way kind of salty, garlicky and super crispy. I eat everything, head and all.

 Shrimp and Walnuts. This is one of my favorite because it's breaded fried shrimp tossed in sweet mayonnaise. Yes, that white stuff is some kind of mayo. It's delicious.

House Special Fried Chicken. We always get this for the kids and they love it. It has the right amount of saltiness and the skin is very crispy.

House Special Shrimp...Shrimp cooked onions, lots and lost of garlic and some jalapenos. This is a family favorite. It's so garlicky..yum!





Fried Tofu.

Steamed Fish. It's so soft and flaky and that brown broth is so delicious, I can drink it on it's own.

Fried Pork Chops. We get this almost everytime because some of the kids really like it. I'm always amazed how they make the batter so light and crispy.




My plate ^_^

I love how they always serve hot tea at Chinese restaurants. It really helps to calm down my stomach after all that grease intake.







Mayflower restaurant
679 North Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2836
(213) 628-0116

4 comments

A Fine Balance said…
OH My word!

the food looks DELISH!
sugarBear said…
OMG! wow, did you have food coma after eating? looks yummy!
Becky said…
@Sugarbear: You know I did lol!
Unknown said…
Wow, I love very much the Sea Foods. I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.