Ostrich Burgers and 'Y' Not Burger...Never Again!

Kiko and I had out first Ostrich burger and it was a big disappointment. We had it at  'Y' Not Burger, a small mom and pop burger joint in Torrance, Ca. Initially, we were just craving cheese burgers, but when we saw Ostrich burger on the menu, we felt a little adventurous and immediately changed our minds.

Will it taste like chicken, beef or what? We were a bit anxious as we waited for our orders to come. Once we got our food, we took a bite, had a sip of water and coke, a minute of weird silence, then looked at each other and both made a face O_o. The burger was really nasty. It tasted like a really bad hamburger. The meat was very tough and no flavor at all. The mayo and other fixings didn't even help to boost the flavor. I don't know much about game meats, but I thought it would have been better if they put salt or seasoning or some type of creative sauce in the burger to really disguise the gaminess of the meat. Bad burger...Never again!




It doesn't even look good in photos O_o






The only good thing about the meal were the french fries. It was hot, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I almost ate them all.










I'm sure they have good food because they had traffic going in and out of the restaurant. But Kiko was convinced that we shouldn't come here agin...ever! I agree ^_^

'Y' Not Burger
22940 Hawthorn Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90505
(310) 375-4202


3 comments

Anonymous said…
I've never tried that fast food joint! Pero right next to it is Seafood Town, a really great Chinese food restaurant. My mom and I love getting food from there all the time if you want to check it out. I'd recommend the pork chops and the salt and pepper fish. Their Peking duck is also really good. Did you go yesterday? Because I was in Torrance at that time, too! :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Y'Not Ostrich Burger was one of the local south bay favorites. Shortly after this unfortunate and unfavorable review it was dropped from the menu. I dare say the Y'Not Ostrich burger is THE BEST BURGER I have ever had. Your picture is accurate and makes me salivate, but your review is a petty childish attempt to break away in the world of online gourmet reviews. If Y'Not's Ostrich burger did not meet your expectations, maybe a nasty lowbrow McDonald's BigMac is right up your league...

If you want the solid mouthwatering taste of a hometown burger, please visit Y'Not. There is a reason they won awards for both 2010 and 2011. Real fans await the revival of the glorious Y'Not Ostrich burger with dollars in-hand.