Reggae Chicken Food Truck

I don't even know how to begin this entry lol. I'm full of excitement at the moment. I love it whenever I discover new places or in this case, a food truck with really bomb food! I spotted the Reggae Chicken food truck not too long ago on 7th and Hope street in front of Macy's Plaza in Downtown L.A. You can't miss the bright red orange and neon green truck with a picture of a chicken with dreadlocks and sunglasses. It definitely caught my eyes.


It seriously was an OMG moment for me. I get excited whenever I see cool looking food trucks. I'm weird like that. Anyway, I looked at their menu and I noticed that it's Jamaican/American/Mexican fusion. They specialize in Jerk Chicken but they serve it in a burrito, tacos, wraps and on a plate along with sides. I'm sure glad the menu is short and simple or else I would have had a difficult time deciding what to order.


 One of the owner recommended that I get the Marley Burrito. It's the popular one. It's jerk chicken, rice, plantains, onions, cilantro and Jerk sauce wrapped in a flour tortilla and NO! there's no weed in it!!! Some of my friends asked me of it had any weed lol. Sorry guys you won't get high with this burrito..womp, womp, womp! So I went and ordered it and, they gave me a dollar off. So I only paid 5 bucks instead of 6 bucks! Cool!

 I sat on a bench nearby where I devoured this massive burrito. OMG it was the heaviest burrito I have ever picked up. At first, I was kind of intimidated by the size but I shrugged it off and attacked it in the best way possible which is to open my mouth really wide take the biggest bite of my life.

It was my first time having Jerk Chicken and, I must say that it's soooo delicious. The chicken was tender, juicy and cooked just right. It was spicy but not too spicy where you can't enjoy it. It was just right. I also enjoyed the plantains inside which gave it that hint of sweetness. I couldn't complain. I was in heaven.


It was so delicious but unfortunately I wasn't able to finish it. I was too full and I didn't wanna go on a food coma. I still had to do other stuff afterwards. I took my left over to my mom  and she loved it too ^_^. I will definitely go back and eat the Marley Burrito again and of course try other things in the menu.


If you are looking for delicious, affordable and authentic Jerk chicken then you should definitely try Reggae Chicken. And you can stalk them on Twitter to find out when and where is their next stop.
Twitter: ReggaeJerkChicken

0 comments