Mole, Mole, Mole!

Chicken Mole is one of my absolute favorite Mexican food. Mole, a Mexican sauce, has dark brown, chocolaty reddish color, and can be served with many types of dishes. It's also the most complicated thing to make. A legit mole recipe has at least 30 kinds of spices and chiles. "I aint got time for that!" So, I went to the store and bought mole paste. All I did was dilute the paste in water and voila! Mole sauce lol.

My Chicken Mole

 photo IMG_9040_zps9da2dc69.jpg



 photo IMG_9028_zps2d304dc0.jpg

 Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper

 photo IMG_9022_zpsec11b3b1.jpg

The Mole paste I used is Rogelio Bueno. It says autentico. I believe it ^_^.

 photo IMG_9024_zps78df6a09.jpg

I made a mistake of tasting it. It was soooo spicy! Not hot, but spicy like packed with spices.

 photo IMG_9026_zps417dcf72.jpg

In a small pan, I put 2 tbsp of the Mole paste with 1 cup of water and raw honey. I let it simmer on low until it thickens. It didn't need any salt and pepper.

 photo IMG_9027_zps0bf3c81b.jpg

This is optional, but I sauteed onions and mushroom in a separate pan. Pushed it too the side and add olive oil in the center for the chicken.

 photo IMG_9031_zps7b951da1.jpg

Add chicken in the pan, turn heat on medium and let it brown for 4-5 minutes on both sides. Then lower the heat, add half a cup of water and let it simmer/cook for 20 minutes.


 photo IMG_9034_zpsb337a169.jpg

Add the mole sauce and cover. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes and you're done!

 photo IMG_9041_zpsd84b693e.jpg

I had with a side of Mexican rice and flour tortillas. Yum!



XOXO,
Becky


0 comments