Thanksgiving Feast 2011 and New Shrimp Rolls Recipe!

I love Thanksgiving! I get to spend time with my family and eat really good food. This year, my aunt cooked the Roast Turkey and I helped with the rest. I also have a new Shrimp Rolls recipe to share. It's a bit costly to make but very delicious.

 Our Thanksgiving spread. We had Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Asparagus, Rice, Salad and Mexican Cheesecake.

 We got a smaller Turkey this time. It's more than enough to feed our family of 9.



 My aunt made this super creamy and smooth mashed potatoes!



Cheesecake from the local Mexican Bakery.  Please don't judge the cake by it's tacky colors and decor. This cheesecake in my opinion, is better than a traditional cheesecake. It's very light, smooth and oh so creamy with a thin layer of chocolate cake on the bottom. So good!






This is what we had for lunch while preparing for Thanksgiving dinner.

 Store bought Kraft Home-style Mac and Cheese. It came with everything you need to make a cheesy Mac and Cheese like your grandma made it. We will definitely buy this brand again.


We had chips and salsa to snack on.




Shrimp Rolls
My aunt and I made these bomb looking Shrimp Rolls. I guess you can say that it's a different take on the shrimp tempura. We used Lumpia wrapper instead of Panko breadcrumbs. 

We always get our shrimp from the local Filipino market, Seafood City. It's always cheaper and bigger than other grocery stores.

Quick Recipe

Ingredients:
-Medium shrimp with head on (Shrimp brains from the head will be used to flavor the shrimp)
-Lumpia wrapper cut in 4 squares.
-minced garlic
- salt and pepper

how:
-Peel the shrimp and out in a bowl. Save the heads.
-Add minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
-Take the shrimp head and squeeze the brains out and add in the bowl. It should look bright orange.
-Mix until all the shrimp gets coated in it's own brains ^_^
-Take a lumpia square, add shrimp and firmly roll. You're gonna have to stretch the shrimp straight while rolling.
-Fold the two sides over the roll .
-Roll the rest way up and add water on the edge to seal it.
-Fry in hot oil until it browns for about 1 and 1/2 minutes. Make sure you don't over cook the shrimp.




They're really good and my family devoured them in a matter for minutes! Good thing I made a lot. The shrimp brains, believe it or not, made them taste really shrimp-y, if that's even a word lol.


And here is Neni wearing Momo's old Lucky Brand shirt. It fits her perfect!


I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving feast!

1 comment

Toni Tralala said…
OMG Becky! I don't have a sweet tooth but wow, that cheesecake looks so delicious!!! :)