Spam Musubi and Oxtail Soup at King's Hawaiian Bakery and Restaurant

If King's Hawaiian restaurant is considered to be legit Hawaiian food, then now I can say I've had Hawaiian food.YES! We usually get our birthday cakes here, but it's our first time eating their food.

Here's what we had...

I ordered their Oxtail Soup. It was on dinner specials that day. I was feeling under the weather and I wanted a really good soup in my system to melt all the snot and moco in my body O_o. I love Oxtail in general, so I was very happy to try it. It came with a side of crushed ginger that you're supposed to add to the soup. It delicious. The broth was rich and flavorful that kind of reminds me of my mom's "Nilagang Baka" . The Oxtail meat fell off the bone easily. It was definitely comforting.


It came with a generous side of streamed white rice and macaroni and potato salad. 

Kiko wasn't too hungry. He ordered a medium Macadamia Chicken Bowl. Crispy fried chicken with garlic sauce and macadamia nuts. I didn't get to taste it, but he said it was good ^_^.

We also ordered Spam Musubi or Spam Sushi. It's been a while since I've had one of these delicious weirdness. It came with a side of picked ginger and cucumber salad, hot sauce and teriyaki sauce (i think, not too sure!). It was definitely a treat.

Every table was served their famous Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls. This is absolutely my favorite bread. It's sweet and buttery, and great with anything. I used to make Bruschetta out of these back in college. I should make them again, huh?

For dessert, our server brought a dessert sampler tray to choose from. I like this idea because you eat with your eyes first, and it makes it easier to make a choice.


We chose a slice of layered chocolate cake. I forgot the name, but it's the same cake Kiko had for his Birthday last year. It was super moist and chocolately. Yum!











0 comments