Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chicken Pesto Fried Rice


I'm not boasting, but I think I'm getting really good at this cooking thing that I surprise myself sometimes when I make something really bomb! This Chicken Pesto Fried Rice is one example. I used whatever I had left in the fridge and made something out of it and the outcome was delish!

I made the spinach pesto from scratch.

ingredients...
-olive oil
-a bunch of fresh spinach
-A handful of cilantro
-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
-parmesan cheese
-Pulse everything together in a blender or food processor until smooth.

I added 2 heaping spoonful of pesto with left over shredded chicken, and mixed it with the fried rice that has been sauteed in a lot of garlic, tomatoes and chopped onions. Then, I added 2 eggs and store bought shredded broccoli, carrots and cabbage.






It came out so good that Kiko asked me to make it again some time soon lol. Good job Becky...good job!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...