What Every Filipino Household Need!

Kiko and I went to Cerritos and did a little grocery shopping at Seafood City, a Filipino market. There's one in L.A. which my mom and I usually go to, but this one is way better. It's bigger and there's a Chow King, Red Ribbon and a Jollibee too (It's the Filipino McDonalds). I was so excited to get some Filipino food especially condiments for our lil kitchen!


I miss Pancit Canton, an instant chowmein noodles. I eat this a lot with bread at my mom's house. It was on sale for 3 for $1 so I got a lot ^_^.

The necessary condiments every Filipino household has to have are the following:  Mother's Best Sweet and Chili Sauce, Mang Tomas All Purpose Sauce, Jufran Banana Sauce and Pufina Patis (fish sauce). The fish sauce is used a lot in many Filipino cooking as a salty agent in replacement of regular salt.


Pork Longganisa, a Filipino sausage. I was so excited when I saw it. I've been craving these for the longest time. I like to eat it staright Filipino style with sunny side up eggs and garlic fried rice. Yum!

Kiko wanted some Filipino desserts so we stopped by Red Rebbon, a Filipino bake shop. He picked Banana Walnut Cake which isn't exactly a Filipino cake, but it was the only one that looked familiar to him lol.

I got some Mamon. Kiko laughed when he heard me say Mamon. He said it means a really bad word in Spanish. I don't want to say it here, so you're just gonna have to google it. Mamon is a Filipino sponge cake, which is the most delicious sponge cake ever! I'm bias, but it's true. It's super soft, moist and I like the super thin layer of cheese on top.

I also got a Grass Jelly drink. Kiko said it tasted like pure sugar, but I like it!


That's all folks ^_^

0 comments