Shrimps and Pancit for Auntie Abeng's Birthday!

On the 25th of this month, we celebrated my Auntie Abeng's birthday by making a huge batch of Sweet Chili Shrimps, courtesy of my cousin's recipe (thanks kuya Carlos) and Pancit, a Filipino noodle dish. We always have noodles for birthdays because it represents long life and we do want more birthdays to come for my aunt right?

We usually cook Shrimps in lime soda like Sprite and pineapple juice, but my cousin convinced my mom to change it. Instead, my mom used his recipe. The Shrimps was cooked in butter, lots of garlic and a whole bottle of sweet chili sauce. OMG it was delicious. It was sweet, garlic-y and a bit spicy. It was so good with steamed white rice because it soaked up the sauce.


 This is the meat and vegetable for the pancit. She cooked a lot because my aunt wanted tons of meat in the noodles.





We had so much leftovers to eat for 2 days lol. I didn't mind because it tasted even better the next day.


Happy Birthday Tita Abeng!

0 comments