Homemade Flan made our night.

My friend Karina invited me and some of my friends to her roommate's (Lupe) birthday dinner on Friday. The weather was pretty bad, and it's been raining on and off, but guess what? That didn't stop us from going. Usually, I would stay in on a Friday night to watch my Ghost Adventures on Travel channel.. Yeah, I love that show lol. But I was more excited to go out. I haven't seen my friends in awhile, and I just wanted to hangout and have a chill time.

Well, I'm so glad we went because the dinner turned out to be awesome and super fun! There was real food, really good food I might say, music and everyone was super nice. It was funny because we didn't know anyone but my friend Kari, but everyone was so chill that they made us feel comfortable right away.

 Lupe, the birthday girl cooked some bomb-ass Mexican food. Oh man, you know it's not a legit party without food. She made everything from the Birria, Mexican Rice to the flan. Yes, she made a huge flan, and it was ohhh soooo gooood!

Here's what we had...

Brie Cheese and Crackers. These were on the table in the living room for people to munch on. I haven't had Brie in forever, so I enjoyed this one a lot.

Homemade Hummus with Pita Chips. You can't go wrong with homemade hummus..come on!





Lupe made this Beef Birria, which is a spicy braised beef. I got pretty excited when I saw it. Yes, meat at a party!




Mexican Rice


This was my plate. Pretty huh? I wanted to go for seconds, but I felt a bit shy hehe...


Monica's plate.


Tres Leches cake. I actually didn't get to taste this O_o


Lupe's homemade flan. Our eyes popped out when she took it out of the fridge. It definitely made our night!


Thank you so much to my friend, Kari for inviting us to Lupe's birthday. Lupe, you are the sweetest and thank you to a warm welcome. It was really nice to meet you. I love you for making all those delicious food. See you on facebook hehe..



Kari, Lupe, Becky, Mon, Morris

0 comments