Engagement Party/Potluck/Karaoke

My good friend Kevin recently got engaged with his girlfriend in the Philippines. Everyone was so happy and excited for him that we decided to throw a mini engagement potluck/party/karaoke for him...at his place lol. We invited close friends and co-workers to come and hangout. We didn't have any theme for the party but we did ask people if they could bring food, snacks, drinks or whatever they can for everyone to share. You know a party is not a party without food...well at least the ones I plan gotta have food ^_^




So I made this vegetarian spaghetti and tomato sauce. It was weird making it without meatballs or ground beef but I had to make it with no meat because a vegetarian friend of mine was coming. The sauce is made with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, roasted mushrooms, spinach and lots of garlic. I also mixed in a block of cream cheese to give it a cheesy creamy taste. It turned out pretty good. My friends did miss the meat but they said it was still good so I believe them!





What made it even better was the shredded cheddar cheese on top. I know it's weird, but it was Kevin's idea lol.


My bestfriend Monica made fresh salsa. I stopped her from putting too many jalapenos coz I don't like it too hot lol. She also put cucumbers to replace onions because she doesn't like onions haha.


My friend Ingrid brought this veggie platter with ranch dressing from the grocery store. These were good to snack on and the ranch dressing was really good and didn't taste like regular ranch lol. It had bacon bits in it. Yeah, making it super extra fatty but good lol.


She also brought this fruit platter ^_^


Kevin took out his cheese trio with triscuit. I forgot the brand but it had 3 kinds of cheeses and, I remember the pink one had port wine in it. It was sweet!


One of Kevin's friends brought this chocolate cake from Albertsons (grocery store). Albertsons makes really good cakes, trust me! It was really moist, soft and delicious!



A lot of people came and, it didn't seem like we had enough food but we were able to make it work. We ate, ate and ate and did Karaoke all night long. Congratulations Kevin!


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments

Donna said…
i miss doing karaoke. every filipino friend of mine back home in san diego ca owned one! lol! yummy food, your meat less spaghetti looks delicious. from your description it sounds very tasty hehe.
Louzee said…
No meat party??!?! Not my kind of party! I didn't know Albertsons was still around. That chain closed in Texas long ago.
Becky said…
@Donna: Haha yay for Karaoke!
@Louzee: OMG dude I didn't even realized we didn't have any meat haha...and the funny thing is my vegetarian friend didn't even show up haha.