Holiday Potluck @ Work

I think I've stressed it enough in this blog how much I love potlucks! What's not to love? People gather together for whatever reason and each person contributes a dish to share with everyone. You get to stuff your face with all kinds food and not feel guilty about it because everyone is doing the same haha! It's freakin' awesome! We had our Holiday potluck at work and it was a big success! I work with the most amazing and nicest ladies in the planet and, they can cook better yo mama ^_^ I'm dead serious. All the food was delicious. We mostly had soul food and of course I made my famous fatty and Spinach dip!!!

Cucumber and Pepperoni Salad sprinkled in black pepper and chopped parsley was one of the appetizers. I had no idea cucumbers and pepperoni tasted good together but it did.


I had to make my Spinach Dip and everyone devoured it. Some ate it with tortilla chips, some ate it by the spoonful lol. Get my recipe here.

Rice with Vegetables for the side dish. It's made with Uncle Ben's ready rice mixed with frozen vegetables to jazz it up ^_^


Green Beans for the side dish too. That's what they called it..just green beans. I forgot to ask how they made but it's cooked with ham and potatoes. It was really delicious.


Van de Kamps' plain bread rolls. It was great for soaking up the juices on my plate.


I'm calling this the OMG Cranberry and Broccoli salad. I'm not saying this just to say it but this salad is the best salad I've ever eaten in my life. It was so bomb! Besides broccoli and cranberry, it had raisins, sun flower seeds and other nuts...

And the dressing was unforgettable. I knew it was a mayonnaise and vinegar based dressing but I didn't know what else was in it. It was sweet and tangy at the same time and it's nothing I've never really tasted before. It was really different in a good way. I'll get the recipe when I come back.



Homemade Spicy Hot links cooked in bbq sauce was one of the meats we had. Sorry you can't see the hot links but trust me they're in there. They were really hot and peppery and, I liked it.



Homemade Fried Chicken. One of my co-workers had to go home to pick them up so they were fresh. Man, I seriously don't know how they make these fried chicken so perfect. It wasn't too greasy, the meat was very soft and the outside was crunchy. They were telling me how to make it but you know it's not going to be the same when I make it lol.


Homemade Baked Beans. The only time I get to eat baked beans is when I get them in a can in my mom's pantry so when I get to eat the real thing, I make sure I eat a lot of it. It was the perfect dipping sauce for my fried chicken. It was so sweet with a hint of saltiness from the bacon bits.


Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese. I'm used to those easy mac that I make at home so to be able to eat a real one was a pleasure lol. Besides a few kinds of cheeses, it also had eggs which made it a little greasy. But it was still good.


I pretty much hit all the food groups in my plate except for fruits lol. I had my meat, cheese, grains, vegetables and stuff. And it looks so pretty...like a rainbow!

This was my co worker's plate. She just laughed when I snapped a picture.




Click here to read about my other potluck adventures ^_^ Thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment

eye said…
The food pics are making me drool! Everything looks so delicious! I love eating at potlucks too and stuffing my face till I can't move.