Umami Burger

I've been hearing about Umami Burger restaurant from friends and coworkers. They all say it's the best burger in town. There's a one that just opened in Hermosa Beach and Kiko and I happened to pass by it one day when we went biking. It was around dinner time so we decided to give it a try.

Here's what we had...

I got their classic Umami Burger. It has portebello mushrooms, caramelized onions, roasted tomato, Parmesan crisp and Umami ketchup. According to our server, Umami means "pleasantly delicious" in Japanese. It has the basics taste of sweet, sour, bitter and salty. This burger is soooo good. I've had pretty awesome burgers in my life, but I've never tasted anything like it. All the components in it really worked together. The meat was cooked perfectly to medium and was really fresh. I couldn't get enough of the Umami ketchup. It was sweet!


We got a side of Sweet Potato Fries dusted with a little salt and cinnamon. They were good on their own, but tasted even better with Umami ketchup!


Kiko had the Baja Burger. Tempura Fried Cod, roasted salsa, coleslaw with avocado. Kiko really liked it. He didn't think all the flavors would work together, but it did. 




have you guys tried Umami Burger before?




0 comments